GROUP DISCUSSION ECONOMIC TOPICS PART 1
1. The concept of swadeshi is detrimental to economic growth.
2. Public Sector should be disinvested.
3. Future of MNCs in automobile industry.
4. Democracy is not conducive to economic development.
5. Privatisation in agriculture.
6. Effect of subsidies on Indian Economy.
7. Economic reforms.
8. Should India be a planned economy?
9. Infrastructure alone cannot improve India's standing in the international arena.
10. Globalisation is bad for the Indian companies.
11. Liberalisation of the Indian Economy.
12. Infrastructure development is of prime importance for India this millennium.
13. Should the public sector be privatised?
14. Infrastructure - Backbone of economy.
15. Floods and famine.
16. Is plastic money harming the economy?
17. Are the Indian farmers pampered too much?
18. Should Indian Railways be privatised?
19. Is Mumbai the financial capital of India?
20. Is retrenchment the solution for public sector inefficiency?
21. India is a rich country of poor people.
22. In the interest of the nation, bandhs should be banned.
23. Do all Indians get equal opportunities?
24. Import is essential for economic growth.
25. Maruti Udyog should stop manufacturing passenger cars and produce public carriers.
26. Is corruption unavoidable like taxation and death?
27. Does development have its own cost?
28. Nationalisation of banks has only led to inefficiency.
29. Issues like pollution and deforestation are a luxury for a country like India.
30. Talk of social responsibility in the private sector is sheer hypocrisy.
31. Will there be a BPO bust?
32. CAS - Government has most to gain.
33. Development - at what cost?
34. To solve India's socio-economic problems, India needs another Gandhi.
35. The current problems facing the country are unsolvable.
36. WTO is an omnipotent body controlling economy under the guise of facilitating trade.
37. Income tax should be abolished.
38. Inflation - its effects on the middle class and the poor.
39. All nationalised banks in India should be privatised.
40. Total liberalisation is the only way for economic development in India.
41. In a country like India, the public sector is vital for national development.
42. How much should India depend upon the IMF for loans.
43. Is planning necessary for India?
44. Is a Commonwealth of Independent States the only solution for India?
45. Tax concessions given to women are discriminatory.
46. Massive import of technology is essential for rapid industrial growth.