GROUP DISCUSSION POLITICAL TOPICS
1. Should Indian Railways be privatised?
2. Election today has nothing to do with good governance?
3. Successive scams - a result of system failure?
4. What are India's security concerns?
5. What are the pros and cons of liberalisation of the Insurance Sector?
6. How appropriate is the reservation policy in India?
7. Should foreign publications be allowed to enter and compete in the domestic markets?
8. India's industrial policy
9. Should we accept Sonia as PM?
10. Patriot act of the US may reverse brain drain.
11. India must not concede to US demand of sending troops to Iraq.
12. USA - the biggest threat to World peace.
13. Taj Corridor is more important than saving the Taj Mahal.
14. Indian Political Scenario.
15. Reservation for women in education and service.
16. Democracy is a sort of one-man rule.
17. It is all the politicians' fault.
18. Coalition politics/government - a sign of a mature democracy or a fractured political grouping?
19. Is politics for rascals? / Is politics the last hope of a scoundrel?
20. Indian corporates are puppets in the hands of Indian Politicians.
21. If Laloo Prasad Yadav becomes the Prime Minister of India.
22. Laloo reigns because he gave voice to the people.
23. Is India's increasing expenditure on defence justified?
24. Should India make peace with Pakistan?
25. The military regime in Pakistan is good for India.
26. The educated women is not politically irrelevant?
27. Only God or dictatorship can save India now.
28. Is it possible to reach a consensus in decision-making?
29. Political parties should be banned in India.
30. Is India ready for a Presidential form of government?
31. Democracy is the worst form of government.
32. Budgets don't matter, finance ministers do.
33. Political power grows out the barrel of a gun.
34. Democracy is the root of all evils.
35. Will more autonomy to states jeopardise the unity of the nation?
36. Regional parties should be encouraged.
37. Should there be a retirement age for politicians?
38. Indo-Pak differences are so deep rooted that Kashmir is only being used as an excuse.
39. Should business houses finance elections?
40. The solution to internal disputes lies in the formation of a world government.
41. If we were members of the central cabinet...
42. The need to declare India a Hindu state.
43. General Musharraf is our best bet so no effort should be spared in reaching an agreement with him.
44. It is wrong on the part of the government to bestow privileges to people based on caste and communal lines.
45. Iraq is America's game plan and they ought to play it alone.
46. If we were Planning Commission members...
47. Political crises and the Indian economy.
48. India, a regional super power, is taking advantage of its neighbours.
49. The army should be used to maintain internal order.
50. Non-Alignment has no place in this world.
51. China a Super Power?
52. How can the Indian political system be improved?
53. Privatisation - key to block production.
54. The Indian Union should be dissolved.
55. Rural development is a political issue rather than something of substance.
56. India should stop playing Big brother with its neighbours.
57. The five-year plans serve no useful purpose because of political uncertainties.
58. Should Kashmir be allowed to secede from India?
59. The world without the US would be a better place.
60. Caste based reservation is the only way to achieve social and economic justice in India.
61. Panchayati Raj.
62. Good politics is seldom good economics.
63. Democracy has been successful in India.
64. Indian democracy is "buy" the people, "far" the people, "off' the people.
65. If you were the Finance Minister...
66. Do Indian politicians really care for India?
67. Has the Indian political structure outlived its utility?
68. Students should not take part in politics.
69. After Indira Gandhi's demise, India's hopes of becoming a super power are over.
70. There should be reservation for the silent, middle-income population of India.
71. The age of a single party rule is over.
72. Governments should have the right to ban books.
73. A politician's private life should not be the public's conscience.
74. India requires a reorganisation of states.
75. Politicians and Industrialists' nexus.
76. Have our leaders kept the promises they made at the time of independence?